Due to COVID-19 risks, Family Pet Practice is continuing to provide excellent medical care via "curbside" service.
What this means for you:
· Park at the numbered cone assigned to you and call the office upon arrival.
· Your pets’ technician will obtain a medical history over the phone and discuss the introductory plan for the visit, then retrieve your pet from you and bring them into the building.
· We ask that you wear a face covering when our team members are retrieving your pet, bring your dogs with secure collars and cats in carriers.
· The doctor will perform the examination and contact you via phone to review findings and provide recommendations. You can expect texts with updates about timing throughout.
· At the end of the visit, your technician will review medications/instructions with you and transfer you to be checked out by a client services representative and your pet will be brought back to you.
We cannot allow pet parents in the building at this time. Please utilize the restroom before your pets appointment, we do not have one available for client use, and have a charged phone.
What this means for our Team:
We have created a necessary protocol using curbside and extra communication to maintain a great standard of care for your pet. We use canine and feline pheromone sprays (Adaptil and Feliway), as well as continuing our Fear Free handling and providing positive reinforcement at all times. The nature of our business does not allow for our team to be properly socially distanced from one another, or you. We uphold excellent cleaning standards, provide an array of Personal Protective Equipment, and respect personal distancing outside of work. Our team is proud of the profession they have chosen and strive for safety in these difficult times so that we can continue to care for your beloved pets.
Scheduling Expectations for our Pet Parents
Reminder status updates for routine wellness care such as bloodwork, physical exam, and vaccinations are sent via email 6 weeks before your pet is due. Our appointments are scheduled with dedicated time to ensure individualized patient care and we book 4-5 weeks in advance. We will always encourage that you book your pet’s next routine care before checking out but if you have not done this and receive a reminder, we urge you to schedule at that time to avoid any delays in care.
Urgent Care/Same Day Care:
For concerns that require same day care we reserve appointments that are filled as the phone calls for patient need are received that day. However,
once these urgent care/same day appointment spots are full, we will refer to a local urgent/emergency care facility that is best suited to your
location and pets’ symptoms. We would like to see all patients in all times of need, understandably that is not realistic being that we are not a
walk-in or emergency facility. We will remain involved in your pet’s care by communicating with the emergency facility and providing records,
requesting updates on their status and needed follow up care, and checking in with you directly.